When KL Rahul was mocked by Australian crowd on Test debut in Melbourne

first_imgKL Rahul made his India debut four years ago when MS Dhoni-led side toured Australia in 2014-15.Rahul played his first international match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) in the Boxing Day Test, the third Test of the series with Australia already leading the four-match series 2-0.Rahul, Dinesh Karthik and Washington Sundar were recently in Brisbane during the Test series and the trio bonded over breakfast at a pancake place.In a video posted by BCCI on its social media platforms, Rahul shared his experience of his first Australia tour with Karthik and the first timer Sundar, who was part of the T20 squad.Also Read – India pumped up to win Test series in Australia, says Ishant Sharma”The crowd is really against us, they love their cricket, but they will make our lives hard on the ground. That is why cricket in Australia is exciting,” Rahul said.”When I was fielding at the deep square leg, someone from the crowd asked my name as the did not know me because it was my first Test. I told them my name. 10-15 seconds later the whole section goes ‘Rahul is a wanker’. It was amazing, amazing experience. They obviously mocking if they don’t mean it seriously or maybe they do mean it seriously. But this is what I enjoy about Australia, their crowds and how they get so involved and they go after the players.”SPECIAL: What’s in a pancake? @klrahul11, @DineshKarthik & @Sundarwashi5 bond over breakfastSome lip smacking pancakes, tales from Australia and the perfect “cheat meal” – throwback to the sumptuous time the lads had in Brisbane – by @28anandhttps://t.co/G7OK7HSnhI pic.twitter.com/z5EE7r8CmNadvertisementBCCI (@BCCI) November 26, 2018Ragul also revealed how he failed to see Dhoni while he was fielding at the deep square leg at the MCG.”When I played my first Test at Melbourne, you know how huge the Melbourne field is, I was standing at deep square leg. Mahi bhai was our captain, he was trying to move me, I couldn’t even see him. In the background you cannot pick it up, it is so far.” he said.Also Read – India will defeat Australia 3-1 in Test series, says VVS LaxmanRahul will be seen in action during the four-match Test series starting in Adelaide from December 6.Also Read – Less verbals but more bouncers from Australia: Ian Chappell warns Virat Kohli’s IndiaRahul, who scored a hundred on his first Australia tour, is expected to make his experience count in the much-awaited Test series.last_img read more

FA charge Man City & Wigan

first_imgManchester City FA confirms Aguero escapes punishment but Man City & Wigan both charged Sam Lee Last updated 1 year ago 02:04 2/21/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(3) Pep Guardiola Paul Cook Manchester City Wigan Athletic Getty Images Manchester City Premier League Guardiola Yaya Touré İ. Gündoğan Kevin De Bruyne Raheem Sterling Leroy Sané Sergio Agüero The striker, who is considering legal action against a Wigan fan, will not face any action for his role in a fracas, but both clubs have been charged The Football Association has charged both Manchester City and Wigan with failing to control their players following Monday night’s ill-tempered FA Cup clash.It has also been confirmed that Sergio Aguero will face no action for his role in a fracas with Wigan fans on the pitch at full-time, as reported by Goal on Tuesday afternoon.The governing body has also confirmed that there will not be any action taken against either club for a confrontation between City boss Pep Guardiola and Wigan counterpart Paul Cook in the tunnel at half-time. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player However, both sides are likely to be punished for the reaction of their players following Fabian Delph’s first-half red card.”Both Wigan Athletic and Manchester City have been charged for failing to control their players in relation to the dismissal of Fabian Delph during last night’s [Monday] Emirates FA Cup fifth round tie,” an FA statement reads. “The clubs have until 6pm [GMT] on Friday 23 February 2018 to respond.”Several Wigan players surrounded referee Anthony Taylor as he deliberated over Delph’s punishment, while City’s players waded in once the red card was shown. Aguero, Guardiola and Cook were also involved in a touchline row but none of them will face specific action.Those rows continued into the tunnel at half-time, with television footage showing Guardiola and Cook arguing as they made their way to the dressing rooms, but after speaking to relevant parties throughout the day on Tuesday the FA has decided not to act.City were fined £35,000 for failing to control their players on two occasions last season, against Chelsea in December 2016 and Liverpool in March 2017.The FA has also asked both clubs for further information on security arrangements at the DW Stadium and the behaviour of both sets of fans.The statement continued: “In addition, both clubs have been asked to provide their observations following the crowd trouble at the end of the game and have until Monday 26 February 2018 to respond.”Wigan and Greater Manchester Police are both looking into how hundreds of Wigan fans were able to invade the pitch at full-time, and why it took police and stewards so long to prevent home supporters approaching the away end.Goal understands City are also considering a formal complaint to police over a fan who allegedly attacked Aguero. It is claimed the fan hit the striker, spat in his ear and said “suck my d***”.It is also alleged that City supporters removed an advertising hoarding and threw it at police. Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.last_img read more

NewsAlertRCMP say truck crashed into bus carrying hockey team fatalities

first_imgNIPAWIN, Sask. – RCMP say they are at the scene of a fatal collision involving a truck and a bus carrying a hockey team northeast of Saskatoon.Details on how many people are dead or injured have not been released.The Nipawin Hawks of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League say the crash involved the team bus of the Humboldt Broncos.The league says a game between the two teams set for tonight has been postponed.STARS air ambulance has confirmed that they sent two helicopters to the scene.RCMP say the highway will blocked for several hours and are urging drivers to avoid the area.last_img